Ireland’s solar climate is as good as Germany and 70% of the solar climate on the Mediterranean coast!! In Ireland, a horizontal surface of 1m2 receives an average of approximately 1100 Kilowatt-hours (kWh) of solar energy per year (the equivalent of 120 litres of oil).
Solar energy is supplied by direct sunlight (40%) and indirect sunlight (60%). Still when the sky is overcast, its radiation (sunlight) is available at ground level and can be converted into useful heat by a solar water heater.
A 6m² Flat Plate Solar Water Heater installations in Ireland could provide the energy equivalent of a 3KW immersion heater running for approx. 2.5 hours every day, 365 days a year.
- Highly efficient – super fast heat transfer
- Up to 30% more efficient than traditional flat plate panels
- Generates up to 70% of your hot water needs / Lower energy costs
- Designed specifically for Northern European climates
- Aesthetically pleasing – slimline manifold
- Reduced carbon footprint – reducing your CO2 emissions by up to 1 ton/year.
- SEAI Grants up to €1200 available
SEAI Grants of up to €3000 are available for Solar, click here to see if you qualify